Today I want to share with all of you about some unbelievable world records facts.
1) Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei has the largest collection of Rolls-Royces, owning around 150. He has 2,000 other luxury cars too!
2) American Ashrita Furman broke the fastest skipping record in 2007 by skipping record in 2007 by skipping 5 kilometres (3.1 miles) in 35 minutes 19 seconds. He skipped at Tiger Temple in Thailand... and had a tiger trotting alongside him most of the way !
3) The youngest person to reach the toop of Mount Everest was 15-years-old Ming Kipa Sherpa in 2003.
4) The box jellyfish is the most venomous type, with a sting that can kill in 4 minutes.
5) Kilauea in Hawaii is the most active volcano and has been erupting non-stop since 1983.
6) A record number of 269 Asian elephants gathered to eat over 50 tonnes (11,231 pounds) of fruit and vegetables at Thailand's 2003 annual elephant parade.
7) The gecko (pokke or tokke in Malay) is the only lizard that makes noises.
8) The wettest place on Earth is the Indian town of Cherrapunji, with an average annual rainfall of 11.43 metres (38 feet 2 inches).
9) More than 200 million people have visited the Eiffel Tower since it was built, making it the world's most visited monument.
10) The largest ocean is the Pacific - it makes up 45.9 per cent of the world's oceans!
from book : 1001 Unbelievable Facts by Helen Otway
Nak tahu info menarik lain di blog ini? KLIK